History "O" LevelAngles, Saxons and Curios
(total 17 points)
6. What's on the A side?
Click each image for a high-resolution shot of the label. (Shots open in a new window - while your high resolution holds, fortune and goodwill will surely follow!)
The A-side answers, in order:Grace Darling; Here It Comes; Benedictus; Shine On Silver Sun
7. Which battle is the subject of “A Soldier's Tale”?Culloden (or Caluddin) - the battle that finished off the last Jacobite Rebellion. Well, there you go!
8. Whose details appear at the bottom right of this publicity photo? Click for high resolution shot.
9. Who sang the female lead on “The King” when it was performed in 1979 on Capital Radio's “Richard Digance and Friends”?Maddy Prior
10. Who supported the Strawbs at their Hammy Odeon appearance? (Want to see a ticket from that event? Think you can remember the year it took place? Click here.)Roy Hill
11. There once was a festival that boasted a week-end line-up that included the Strawbs, Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson and the Who. When and where was that?1969, Plumpton
12. Which was the first Strawbs track to use a mellotron?The Shepherd's Song
13. Which album took the longest to go from recording to release? Bonus point: which album took the second longest?Heartbreak Hill. Bonus: All Our Own Work